Red 2 Class
Overview of class.
Welcome to Red 2. We are a mixed year 1 and 2 class. Stevie is our Teacher. Debbie is the TA. Zoe and Emma are the ISA's.
What we have been learning in Summer 1:
This half term in English we have read the stories ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’, ‘Tadpole’s Promise’ and ‘Caterpillars and Butterflies’. We have labelled lifecycles and made captions, explored and described objects, completed pencil control activities and used playdough, pegging and threading for our fine motor skills.
Our Topic subject of minibeasts has been really exciting including making our own butterfly designs, finger painting and making our own fruit caterpillars and ladybirds, which were yummy!
In Maths we have enjoyed learning about one more and one less and properties of squares and rectangles. We have learned in many different ways including practical activities both indoors and outside to help us learn in a fun and exciting way.
We have also enjoyed our Forest School sessions, where we have had some summer themed activities including waterplay, making potions from herbs and natural materials, bookmarks as well as exploring our outdoor classroom area.
What we are learning in Summer 2:
Our Topic is pirates at the sea.
- Forest schools are on a Tuesday, so please come into school in ‘mucky clothes’ with a named change of clothes. As it is getting colder, also please bring in hats, scarfs and gloves.
- PE is on Thursdays so please come into school in your PE kit.
- Library books will be changed every Friday, please ensure they are in your child’s bag.
- Please send home/school diaries, reading books and reading records back in every day. We try to ensure reading books are changed every Thursday or Friday if needed.
- Can you please name ALL of your child’s belongings (including shoes, hats, scarves, etc).
- Remember as is now warm to bring in a labelled sunhat and apply sun cream before school and if possible send some into school to be applied when necessary.
Thank you for your continued support.
Red 2 Class photos