Welcome to Explorer 5. We are a Key Stage 1 class. Tania is our class teacher. Lisa is the TA. Caryn and Ellie are the ISAs.
Explorer 5 Staff
This half term we have been studying the topic ‘Tell me a Story’. Explorer 5 children have enjoyed learning all about The Gingerbread Man and have been completing lots of fun activities relating to the book.
We have been developing our scissor skills, fine motor control and have had lots of messy fun in art using paints, clay and a range of materials.
In maths, we have been learning about capacity. We started off by recognising Big and Small and moved on to completing lots of activities to support us to recognise heavy and light.
In Forest Schools we have been learning all about our environment. We have been making food for the birds and used natural resources to complete a range of crafts.
The topic next half term – ‘Let’s Go Travelling.’
- Please check your child’s bag for any letters, certificates or messages.
- If you would like your child to have a snack, we can provide fruit or you could send a snack in.
- Forest school – Monday.
- PE lesson – Monday.
- Please name ALL of your child’s belongings.
- Send in spare clothes including sock’s everyday please.
- We will continue to go swimming on Friday’s. This will continue up until Easter. Please remember swimming kit, towel, swimming nappy and to bring a lunch box and drink.
Explorer 5 class photos
Thank you for your continued support.