Green 3 class
Welcome to Green 3. We are an upper Key Stage 2 complex needs class. We currently have 7 children in class. Michelle is the Teacher. Sam, Morna, and Leah are the Teaching Assistants.
Our topic this half term has been ‘Ourselves’. We have looked at the features on our faces, explored our different senses through tasting foods, feeling different textures and smelling different items, and learnt some basic information about ourselves, like our name, age and friends
We have enjoyed our trips to Birches Valley and Marquis Drive on Monday mornings and have collected natural objects and spotted different objects while walking in the forest. We especially liked playing in the park afterwards.
We have been visiting the school library on Thursday afternoons and choosing a book to take home for the week to share with our favourite people.
We all paid a pound to come to school in non-uniform on Friday 28th September to take part in the McMillan Coffee Morning and raise money for them. We were able to go and choose a cake to take home as well.
We had a great Harvest Festival on Tuesday 9th October. It was a lovely experience for the children and their families.
This half term our topic is 'The season to Celebrate' which sounds like a lot of fun.
- We have a library session on a Thursday where the children can change their library books for the week, please make sure they send their current library back on this day or they will be unable to take another one home.
- We will read with the children throughout the week, so please make sure there reading folders are in their bags daily.
- Please remember to send a snack in each day as these are not provided in KS2.
- Please send home/school diaries in each day.
- Homework Packs are changed each Thursday, if you can send them in on this day. Comments in the book provided are very helpful to us, as we can see how the children are progressing in this area and how beneficial the homework is to them.
Thank you to all the Parents who have helped us this half term, we very much appreciate it.